Volunteer for the biggest book-lover event in the South
The Southern Lit Alliance wants to book you for a volunteer job. During the Celebration of Southern Literature in mid-April, local bibliophiles are needed to check tickets, sell books, drive authors around, and even pour wine at a gala event. (Oh, yeah, I just found my niche!)
While supplies last, volunteers who sign up for a two-hour stint will receive a discounted ticket to the entire three-day CeloSoLit at the Tivoli Theatre, paying $35 instead of the full price of $50.
Also gratis for volunteers comes an invite to the opening reception, paying homage to all the guest writers at UTC’s labyrinthine new library. In addition to the perks, a volunteer helps to produce one of Chattanooga’s renowned signature events, now in its fourth decade.
Volunteer options include:
• Check-in and ticket sales at Tivoli registration table or opening night reception
• Check-in at writers’ workshops
• Book sales in Tivoli lobby
• Check IDs and pour wine at South Bound event at Bessie Smith Hall
• Drive writers to local destinations, and to and from airport
The Celebration of Southern Literature takes place April 1-18 at the Tivoli Theatre; UTC and Public Libraries and Bessie Smith Hall.
Go to www.southernlitalliance.org and look for the Volunteer! link.