“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” — Author Unknown
Life will always toss us lemons, right? So, how’s your lemonade stand doing? You know, isn’t it the difficult times that show us our own character, strengths and weaknesses? And doesn’t that position us for a kind of growth we may never have discovered otherwise?
So how can we best handle the inevitable noise and hardships? Consider this:
1. Make time every day to meditate/pray/ponder.
2. Sit in the silence that every human being on the planet shares, and breathe.
3. Remember that you’re not alone, ever.
4. Find comfort where you can, in nature, in solitude, or among loved ones.
5. Remember that everything changes.