Announcing Auditions for
The Great Gatsby
Written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, adapted for the stage by Simon Levy
In special arrangement with Dramatist Play Services
Back Alley Productions invites you to audition for the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic The Great Gatsby. We are excited to bring this beloved story to life.
Auditions will be held at
Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium
399 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
July 27 and July 28
6 to 9pm
Rehearsals will be held at Memorial Auditorium. M,T, Th nights 7pm to 9:30pm
The cast will include roles for four women and five men, including:
- Jay Gatsby, the titular millionaire, mysterious, romantic, a self-made man
- Nick Carraway, the optimistic, sarcastic narrator and neighbor to Gatsby
- Tom Buchanan, an imposing muscle of a man who finds himself directly competing with Gatsby
- George Wilson, an unlikable mechanic, husband to Myrtle
- Meyer Wolfshiem, a mentor to Gatsby; a gambler
- Daisy Buchanan, effervescent socialite and wife to Tom, obsession of Gatsby
- Jordan Baker, friend to Daisy, aloof and athletic
- Myrtle Wislon, the dissatisfied wife of George, mistress to Tom
- Mrs. McKee, a shrill and shallow woman
Performances are Sept 18, 19 and 20 at 7:30pm at the Robert Kirk Walker Community Theater @ Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium.
The Great Gatsby opens to a summer during the Roaring Twenties and tells of a mysterious Long Island millionaire named Jay Gatsby.
It's told from the perspective of Nick Carraway, a young bond salesman new to a world of decadence and wealth. Among the excess, Carraway finds Gatsby whose romanticism is an oddity in the shallow social landscape.
Nick learns that Gatsby is passionately obsessed with a beautiful woman named Daisy Buchanan, married to a controlling millionaire named Tom.
Before long, Nick finds himself in the center of a conflict between Gatsby and Tom over Daisy that reveals the true character of the American dream.