Join Historic Rugby for a Victorian Christmas celebration. The village will come alive with a variety of Christmas activities and events.
Highlights of this event include:
- Madame Hughes, Rugby founder Thomas Hughes' Mother, visit at Kingstone Lisle
- Special crafters and Father Christmas at the Rugby Commissary
- Holiday music, and children's activities at Newbury House
- Music, cider and cookies at the schoolhouse
- Wassail, craft demonstrations, and music at Uffington House
- Period carolers will perform throughout the village
**New this year
-Scrooge (1935) playing at the Rugby Visitor Centre
- Visits from traditional Victorian Mummers- costumed performers that visit homes during the Christmas season, performing jokes and skits in exchange for food and drink
*There will also be a four-course traditional Christmas meal served at Harrow Road Cafe and will feature choice of Roast Goose Breast or Filet Mignon, three sides, plum pudding or old-fashioned apple stack cake for dessert and one glass of wine or beer. Price for the meal is $29/person and seating is offered at 5:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Reservations are required.
*Event admission is available in advance or at door, call 423-628-2441 to get tickets in advance ($9/Adults, $4/Children- Members, $12/Adults, $5/children- non-member) or purchase at Rugby Visitor Center upon arrival. For more information please visit historicrugby.org.