Pumpkin Smash is a family-friendly event featuring carnival style, fun-on-the-farm games and activities for all ages and live bluegrass music from Just Us Gals and folk music from A Bit Off Beet.
Teams of engineers from Roper Engineering, Lafayette, GA, will be competing in a Pumpkin Chuckin’ trebuchet contest at noon, and guests are invited to bring their leftover Halloween pumpkins to launch following the contest.
What you can look forward to at Pumpkin Smash:
- Pumpkin chuckin’ trebuchets: bring your Halloween pumpkins to launch!
- Face painting
- Fry Station: bring your own food to fry in local lard or veggie oil
- Farm made Funnel Cakes and tasty treats
- Pie Eating Contest at 11:30 a.m.
- Hot apple cider and cold beer
- Kids crafts and activities with the Girl Scouts of Southern Appalachians
- Corn hole, potato sack races, ladder ball, butternut squash relays, and more!
Admission is just $2, or guests can bring one or more non-perishable food items each to donate to the Chattanooga Area Food Bank and get in for free. Tickets will be sold for games, activities, and non-alcoholic beverages. Please bring your state id if you plan to purchase beer.
Pumpkin Smash is a fundraiser for Crabtree Farms’ educational programs and services, which include Farm-To-School activities, gardening education, and community outreach.