The Southern Museum of Civil War & Locomotive History will celebrate railroads and their unique history during the museum’s first Railroad Rendezvous.
The family friendly event, scheduled from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on July 27, will feature a range of indoor and outdoor events, including live music, operating railroad layouts and a hobo jungle. Events scheduled for Railroad Rendezvous include:
• Hobo Jungle: Re-enactors will offer tales about life on the rails, teach Hobo language and help guests make their own Bindle sack.
• Outdoor Games: Guests can participate in sack races, a ring toss and a bean bag toss.
• Operation Lifesaver: The non-profit organization will offer safety information and tours of its Operation Lifesaver Mobile Educational Exhibit.
• Live Railroad Music: The Mars Hill Porch Pickers and others will provide live music at the historic Kennesaw depot across Cherokee Street from the museum.
• Train Layouts: Experience a spectacular HO-scale formation as well as interactive O-Gauge and other various model layouts.
Anyone interested in participating in the museum’s inaugural Railroad Rendezvous event as a vendor, layout or musician should email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information & updates contact email@example.com or call 770-427-2117 ext. 3058.
Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History 2829 Cherokee Street, Kennesaw, Georgia 30144 View Map