Twelve creatives who are pushing the borders and boundaries of their respective crafts
The Chattanooga area is blessed with a seemingly endless supply of talented artists, filmmakers, musicians, and creative people of all types. This year, for our annual State of the Arts issue, we're profiling twelve creatives who are pushing the borders and boundaries of their respective crafts.
- Devon Kronenberg: Combining a love of art and a love of skateboarding
- Hollie Berry: An artist with a growing hoofprint...and a torch
- Allen Hampton: Turning scrap metal into quirky creatures
- Anna Carll: Rebirthing her work in a magnificent fashion
- Brit Sigh: Cameras, robots, plumbing all come to whimsical life
- Denice Bizot: One man’s trash is another woman’s artwork
- Shelley R. Williford: Local filmmaker channels passion and personal belief
- Christina Renfer Vogel: Finding the art in the spaces in between
- Susan Cresswell: Helping the disadvantaged express their artistic talent
- Steven Llorca: Combining photography and painting in artistic exploration
- Claire Bloomfield: Scanning the world around her to create unique photographs
- Katie Hargrove: Harnessing collective energy and creativity
We hope you enjoy this small sampling of the literally hundreds upon hundreds of talented artists and performers who have made Chattanooga such an amazing place to live.
"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." — Pablo Picasso