1. Massaman Curry (it’s not on the menu, you’ll have to ask for it) at Sawasdee Thai, 4008 St. Elmo Ave.
2. Noodle bowls at Mikado Sushi Bar Noodle House, 7003 Lee Hwy.
3. Fresh curry leaves at the India Bazar, 6940 Lee Hwy.
4. Shawarma at Family Food Mart at Eastgate Town Center.
5. Pancakes and bacon donuts at Julie Darling Donuts, 121 Frazier Ave.
6. Tacos at Taqueria y Fonda La Bonita, 1510 Central Ave.
7. Stuffed pork chops from Don’s Meat Shop, 6410 Hixson Pike.
8. Back bacon from Link 41, 217 East Main St.
9. Torta sandwich at La Altena, 314 W. Main St.
10. Fresh chicharrones at LOA No. 6, 400A Chickamauga Road at Lee Hwy.
Mike McJunkin is a foodie, chef, musician and, in his spare time, keeps our computers and networks running smoothly. Got a tip for the column? Email him at http://scr.im/sushiandbisc.