Facebook is the largest online social network in the world. If you haven’t heard of it, we welcome you to Planet Earth and hope you come in peace.
Founded in 2004, within four years they had 100 million users. Just five years later, they had surpassed a billion users.
And if you bought in on the IPO when they went public, could you loan us a few bucks? We have this great idea for a new polka app and...oh, never mind.
The numbers behind Facebook are staggering, as compiled by our friends at the Statistic Brain Research Institute:
- Total number of monthly active Facebook users: 1,440,000,000
- Total number of mobile Facebook users: 874,000,000
- Increase in Facebook users from 2014 to 2015: 12%
- Total number of minutes spent on Facebook each month: 640,000,000
- Percent of all Facebook users who log on in any given day: 48%
- Average time spent on Facebook per visit: 18 minutes
- Total number of Facebook pages: 74,200,000
Of course, the only page you really need to read is ours (facebook.com/chattanoogapulse). Oh, and George Takei is pretty fun to follow, too.