It's a simple fact of life: the older you get, the more hair you lose. And while men are the most noticeable "victims", hair loss affects both men and women.
And since The List is all about statistics, we thought we'd check with our friends at the Statistic Brain Research Institute to get the facts.
- Number of U.S. men experiencing hair loss: 35 Million
- Number of U.S. women experiencing hair loss: 21 Million
- Number of hair loss sufferers, world-wide, seeking professional treatment: 811,363
- Percent of men who will have noticeable hair loss by age 35: 40 %
- Percent of men who will have noticeable hair loss by age 60: 65 %
- Percent of women who will have noticeable hair loss by age 60: 80 %
- Average number of hairs lost daily by hair loss sufferers: 100
Oh, and one note: comb overs are obvious. Just stop, men. No one if being fooled by this.