Everyone eats. Granted, some eat too much and others not enough, but it's the one thing we all have in common.
But what food items do we spend the most money on?
Our friends at the Statistic Brain Research Institute went out and dug through the annual spending numbers:
- Chicken Eggs: $12,200,000,000
- Milk (all percentages): $11,200,000,000
- Bread (all types): $10,000,000,000
- Soda (the sweet stuff): $9,000,000,000
- Packed Meats: $8,300,000,000
- Salty Snacks: $8,000,000,000
- Frozen Dinners: $6,130,000,000
- Breakfast Cereal: $6,000,000,000
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: $3,400,000,000
We're not really sure what this list says about us as a culture, but it does make putting together The Pulse office grocery list a whole lot easier.