Arts - The List - Pulse Picks
J Roddy Walston and The Business
• Advancing America’s quintessential rock tradition in this digital age…just
when we need it the most.
9:30 p.m. • Rhythm & Brews
221 Market St. • rhythm-brews.com
Hollywood Undead • They’re rap rockers from Tinseltown, they wear masks, and they have a rabid (literally?) fanbase.
Hollywood Undead’s 2013 effort, “Notes from the Underground” debuted at #2 on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart in early January, and the single, “We Are,” is an official hit. Join Johnny 3 Tears, Charlie Scene, Funny Man and the other Undead at Track 29 Friday, May 3 • track29.co.
• Elk Milk makes the sound of stones struck together and sticks beating rugs. With harmonies.
9 p.m. • JJ’s Bohemia
231 E. MLK Blvd. • (423) 266-1400
Nightfall Opening Night
• Dust off your lawnchairs for the opening of the city’s favorite free concert series.
7-10 p.m. • Miller Plaza • 850 Market St.
(423) 265-0771 • nightfallchattanooga.com
The Flaming Lips
• The underground legends of psychedelic space rock are coming to Chattanooga and this is a show not to be missed. But unless you’ve already secured your tickets, good luck because it’s a sold-out show.
9 p.m. • Track 29 • 1400 Market St.
(423) 266-4323 • track29.co