Just about everyone loves music. It's pretty safe to assume if you are a reader of The Pulse, you definitely have a strong interest in music.
That said, it's fairly hard to define who is "the best" of all time. One way to judge, however, is by album sales.
So, we checked with the Recording Industry Association of America to find out who had the most certified album sales (although many have claimed much higher numbers).
- The Beatles, 257.7 million
- Elvis Presley, 206.8 million
- Michael Jackson, 169.7 million
- Madonna *, 164.4 million
- Elton John *, 159.1 million
- Led Zeppelin, 137.2 million
- Pink Floyd, 114.1 million
- Mariah Carey *, 128.3 million
- Celine Dion *, 120.8 million
- Whitney Houston, 110.2 million
The artists with an asterisk next to names are still active, so it's safe to assume they'll likely be adding to their totals.
And even if they aren't active, record labels often repackage or re-release older albums, live albums, or boxed sets
For example, The Beatles released 12 albums during their tenure as a band, but to date have over 70 albums released in different variations.